Wednesday, July 22, 2020

First few foods and many more to come!

Everyone who knows me knows I love food. I will try anything once, especially if I don't know what it is first. We got our COVID tests yesterday and on our walk back to the house, we stopped at Civan's Doner stand to try one, it was fantastic! Very similar to a gyro but different, comes on a thicker delicious pita, comes with cabbage, tomato, onion, a different sauce and the meat you choose off the spit. Mmmm will eat these again!  Not really certain what meat we got, but thinking it was lamb???



I have no idea what I am buying in the store. So, I figure i'll pick things up and we will figure it out as we go, so this is one of the things.....

 Looks interesting, heard they were potato dumplings, thought I would go for it.  My Dad's side of the family is Czechoslovakian and we have always had potato dumplings, home made of course, and with sauerkraut.  Well, these were different more like snot balls, vs. the rubber potato dumplings I am used to.  Not good! The deal is EVERYONE has to try anything I make so.....

Sticky snot ball.......

He tried it....  maybe if I had put with sauerkraut (NOT) 


I attempted to pan fry them after, preparing like the directions indicated. It did not help, it had a slight crisp on the outside but still sticky snot on the inside. Nasty

The final product in the trash, the compost trash I might add. Have I talked about that yet? I think maybe I have, if not I will revisit that later. I am looking forward to far more fantastic food creations, but we will see. 

3 comments:

  1. This lady I follow in Denmark on YouTube she talks about all the different recycling that they do there so it does sound very similar to Denmark what you’re doing.. I am going to ask my friend at work about those yellow snot balls.. she’s from Germany.. I love seeing Jeff with some hair!! ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lady I follow in Denmark on YouTube she talks about all the different recycling that they do there so it does sound very similar to Denmark what you’re doing.. I am going to ask my friend at work about those yellow snot balls.. she’s from Germany.. I love seeing Jeff with some hair!! ����

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already SO happy to be following your adventures!! Love y'all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete